Dynatrace SaaS release notes version 1.277
Rollout start: Oct 10, 2023
Want to ask questions or give feedback? Head over to What's New in Dynatrace in the Dynatrace Community.
- Enhance data management with Grail: Ultimate guide to custom buckets and security policies
Logs now complete the observability picture alongside traces and metrics in the Dynatrace Grail™ data lakehouse. By following best practices for setting up buckets with security context in Grail, the appropriate log data is now always at the fingertips of the right teams.
Dashboards app - variable values always returned as strings
Dynatrace version 1.277+ Dashboards app version 1.10.0+
In Dynatrace version 1.276 and earlier, in the Dashboards app, values from query, code, and CSV variables were automatically converted to numbers where possible.
In Dynatrace version 1.277+ (Dashboards app version 1.10.0+), all such variable values are returned as strings.
Issue: Starting with Dynatrace version 1.277, errors might occur in some previously existing Dashboards app dashboards that depend on the previous conversion (for example, your query expects a number, but it now receives a string).
Solution: Use DQL conversion functions in your queries to convert values as needed.
New features and enhancements
Kubernetes service UID added
Infrastructure Observability | Kubernetes
The Kubernetes service UID is now displayed in the properties card and the API response.
ActiveGate installer JRE updated
Infrastructure Observability | ActiveGate
To take advantage of performance improvements, bug fixes, and the latest security/vulnerability enhancements, we've updated the ActiveGate installer to JRE 18.104.22.168.
Problem management improved
Cross Solutions | Problems
We have tightened problem management logic to prevent edge cases in which, when events were reported in the past into an active maintenance window that has already ended, two problems were opened.
New query builder
Latest Dynatrace Cross Solutions | Dashboards
Use the new query builder to quickly assemble DQL queries for dashboards in the latest Dynatrace.
To learn about changes to the Dynatrace API in this release, see Dynatrace API changelog version 1.277.
General Availability (Build 1.277.11)
The 1.277 GA release contains 13 resolved issues.
- The Java code module for z/OS now correctly creates the Remote Call service for CTG Server calls with a high duration. (OA-20628)
- Executions are no longer triggered after creating a disabled Synthetic monitor using the API. (SYNTH-6489)
- The Details panel is no longer incorrectly dismissed when scrolling through logs. (LOG-4472)
- Fixed an issue that could result in hybrid billings reported to web applications instead of device applications. (RUM-13276)
- Removed incorrect information about the possibility of using the `order` parameter in the PUT method (Updates an existing service detection rule) and fixed outdated API links in documentation. The change applies to rules for `Full web request`, `Full web service`, `Opaque web request`, and `Opaque web service`. (TI-8613)
- Corrected naming of Azure Function Apps when tracing was enabled for one or more Azure Functions of that Azure Function App. (OA-20306)
- When closing a problem on the problem details page, if the message length is not between 1 and 5,000 characters, an error message is displayed. (DAVIS-5959)
- The profile name of the default alerting profile is now protected from changes to avoid losing track of the profile's identity, as it is also used for mobile notifications. (DAVIS-5805)
- Log event attribute `dt.entity.host_group` is now treated as a Dynatrace predefined attribute. (LOG-4456)
- In the Detection Rules Configuration API, when the PUT method was called with the ID of a non-existent rule, a new rule was created with a randomly generated ID, and the one passed to the method was ignored (nevertheless, the new, correct ID was returned in response). Now, if the rule with the ID passed to the PUT method does not exist, the new rule is created with this ID. The change applies to rules for `Full web request`, `Full web service`, `Opaque web request`, and `Opaque web service`. (TI-8607)
- Additional DNS resolution added. (EXT-5829)
- Added links to the Log Viewer on entity pages so that you can show all logs without selecting a specific path. (LOG-4347)
- For application error rate increase events, root cause analysis had a bug in which, if on the service level, the failure rate changed from 0 to some significant failure rate, the changepoint might not have been found as evidence. This could lead to problems not merging between apps and services that belong together. (DAVIS-5957)