Dynatrace SaaS release notes version 1.281
Rollout start: Dec 12, 2023
SAML certificate migration
Your action is needed if you use SAML federation in your Dynatrace account.
The certificate used to authenticate Dynatrace with your Identity Provider (IdP) via SAML federation expires on February 28, 2024. After this date, the certificate will be invalid. As a result, your users will be unable to log into Dynatrace because your IdP won't be able to verify SAML requests from Dynatrace. We strongly recommend that you update your Dynatrace SAML certificate before February 28, 2024.
For instructions on how to exchange the SAML certificate, see Mandatory SAML certificate migration.
New features and enhancements
New DQL command
Platform | DQL
Now you can include the following command in your DQL queries:
The join command merges the records of two tables and forms a new table by matching records from each table.
Updated DQL command
Platform | DQL
We added the
unionparameter to the
Host link on Kubernetes node details page
Infrastructure Monitoring | Kubernetes
The header information of the Kubernetes node details page now includes a link to the host page.
AWS metrics default value
Infrastructure Monitoring | AWS
We changed the default value of metrics from AWS Cloud services. Previously it was 0; now it is null. Thanks to this change, data will be consistent with data in CloudWatch.
The previous behavior can still be enabled by adding the following flag to the
custom.properties of ActiveGate.
1[aws_monitoring]2generic_service_metrics_null_as_zero = true
Synthetic Monitoring container CPU limit increase
Digital Experience | Synthetic Monitoring
To avoid excessive CPU throttling of Synthetic VUC Worker containers on heavily used locations, the CPU limit has been increased from 1 to 1.5 cores in the Kubernetes/OpenShift template. The new value is included in the hardware requirements.
Platform | OneAgent
This release introduces new URI masking capabilities for OneAgent. Masking can be granularly enabled or disabled for the environment or a particular process group.
You can enable or disable masking rules in URIs for the following data entities.
IBANs and payment card numbers
IDs and numbers
For details, see OneAgent-side masking.
To learn about changes to the Dynatrace API in this release, see Dynatrace API changelog version 1.281.
General Availability (Build 1.281.79)
The 1.281 GA release contains 9 resolved issues.
- Reduced the chances of rejections when exporting large loads of log data simultaneously to Grail. (CLUSTER-10746)
- Fixed encoding of specific characters in the Japanese language translation of Dynatrace Cluster code. (UIP-7161)
- Technologies defined for declarative process grouping are now displayed on the "Technology overview" ("Technologies and processes") page. (HOST-4316)
- The performance of the "Deployment status" page for OneAgent was significantly improved, especially the load time for larger environments. Note that this improvement removes functionality for marking and sorting hosts with issues on the process level. To track issues on the process level, go to the "OneAgent health" page. (DMX-6304)
- Improved the VMware cluster filtering expression to reject invalid input. (HOST-4565)
- Fixed an issue causing the "Kubernetes clusters" page to display dashes in the status column for some Kubernetes clusters. (K8S-8064)
- Clarified in-product automatic update message for containerized OneAgent: automatic update for containerized OneAgent is not supported from the built-in update mechanism on the Dynatrace cluster; update must be managed on the deployment side. Previously, the message was that the automatic update is not supported. (DMX-6356)
- Fixed an issue related to inconsistent Synthetic Browser monitor configurations returned by the GET Synthetic monitor endpoint. (SYNTH-9355)
- The "Third-party monitor" Synthetic monitor dashboard tile now displays "Duration" in milliseconds for values lower than 100 milliseconds. (SYNTH-9296)