Dynatrace SaaS release notes version 1.222
- Deliver actionable observability through metric expressions
Metric expressions help you create actionable insights to meet the needs of disparate SRE, DevOps, and business teams.
- Faster crash analysis for mobile apps
Dynatrace extends its Real User Monitoring capabilities to enhance mobile-app user experience with easier and faster crash analytics.
- Create compelling insights into business and operational KPIs through metric calculations in the Data explorer
The new Data explorer makes it easy to calculate metrics that deliver more relevant and actionable dashboard insights for IT and business teams.
- Storage handling improvements increase retention of transaction data for Dynatrace Managed
Dynatrace Managed now compresses transaction data that's older than three days and includes improvements to Adaptive Data Retention ADR).
- Dynatrace adds OpenTelemetry trace ingest for open, automatic, and intelligent observability
Dynatrace provides automatic and intelligent observability for all telemetry data in one platform. Today, we’re further expanding our open platform with OpenTelemetry trace ingest. This new capability allows for the ingestion of distributed traces from any third-party source that emits OpenTelemetry trace data. This enables organizations to ensure end-to-end observability insights for heterogeneous cloud-native environments.
Data explorer is now in GA release
The Data explorer is now in GA release and is the recommended Dynatrace charting tool.
- In the Dynatrace menu, go to Explore data to open the Data explorer.
- Custom charting has been removed from the Dynatrace menu. To navigate to custom charting, go to Explore data in the Dynatrace menu and select Switch to old charts. You can still pin a custom chart tile to a dashboard, but this functionality is deprecated.
- The dashboard tile catalog in the dashboard editor now offers Data explorer visualizations, not the custom chart tile.
If you have custom charts:
Custom chart tiles display a deprecation warning to users with dashboard editing permission.
- When viewing a custom chart, you have the option to view the chart in the Data explorer. Dynatrace creates a best-effort migration of the custom chart; some limitations apply. You can then save the migrated chart to replace the existing custom chart tile. For migration details, see Migration from custom charts.
OpenTelemetry trace ingest is now in GA release
OpenTelemetry trace ingest is now in GA release. For more information, see OpenTelemetry.
Metrics API: dimension keys
The Metrics API v2 no longer supports legacy dimension keys in metric selectors. Use
<entity_type>. For example, for a host dimension, use
Host. For more information, see Metric ingestion protocol.
Events during maintenance windows
Events that were created during a maintenance window that suppresses problem creation are now shown in the event pages and are available through the Events API.
AWS DynamoDB tagging
You can now tag the AWS DynamoDB tables using automated, rule-based tagging.
You can now define custom security-monitoring rules for Application Security.
Billing for browser monitors without user actions
Successful browser monitor visits without user actions now write availability data and are billed accordingly.
Custom Davis events now consume DDUs
Ingestion of custom Davis events now results in the consumption of Davis data units because they require more processing and analytical power than built-in event ingestion. Events that impact DDU consumption are marked in the Dynatrace web UI on the configuration page (Settings > Log Monitoring > Events extraction) and in API documentation.
Consumption of custom traces via the Trace API
Custom traces are licensed on the basis of ingestion of spans (a span is a single operation within a trace). Spans ingested via the Dynatrace Trace API consume DDUs.
Unified analysis for Kubernetes
The overview pages for Kubernetes namespaces, workloads, and pods now offer a customizable unified analysis view that collects all relevant information regarding namespaces, workloads, and pods in one place.
To learn about changes to the Dynatrace API in this release, see Dynatrace API changelog version 1.222.
General Availability (Build 1.222.68)
The 1.222 GA release contains 19 resolved issues.
|Problem detection and notifications||1|
|Transactions and services||1|
- Fixed an issue in which the page scrolled down when selecting a category on the "User sessions" page. (APM-306153)
- On the "User sessions" page, the "Apply filters" button is now hidden unless a filter is selected, but the banner is still visible in the mobile view to enable users to select the "Back" button. (APM-306154)
- User-related filters are now removed when navigating from "User sessions" page to user details page or session details page. (APM-307692)
- Improved correlation of redirected web requests to RUM user actions. (APM-310820)
- Fixed an issue in which the screen orientation for the "User sessions query" page was always portrait for mobile apps. (APM-305278)
- Fixed an error condition that occurred in top list and pie chart tiles when the last dimension value was null. (APM-307197)
- It is now possible to create an SLO for a non-existing monitoring entity. (APM-311173)
- Fixed the order of dimensions in dashboard tiles and "Data explorer" charts. (APM-307926)
- Resolved issue in which members of a user group could not pin Data explorer charts to dashboards shared with edit rights to that user group. (APM-310207)
- Fixed an issue in which the validation didn't run while uploading a JSON to dashboard JSON editor. (APM-310205)
- The number of recipients for an email integration configuration has been limited to 50. (APM-310589)
- Fixed an issue in which breadcrumbs of an entity details page crashed after selecting in the legacy Edge application. (APM-310251)
- Fixed an issue in which users with only one management zone permission couldn't create calculated metrics for web applications. (APM-309322)
- Fixed an issue in which renaming a monitored entity via the web UI caused the entity to appear in recent timeframes that don't align with the entity's last monitored timestamp. (APM-309793)
- Fixed rare issue that caused OneAgent extension for AWS Lambda to receive incorrect 401 response during ActiveGate startup. (APM-310206)
Problem detection and notifications
- Fixed an issue causing unrelated problems to merge. (APM-309278)
- Fixed the issue in which private synthetic locations number was not counted while checking condition to display validation message. (APM-310102)
- Added missing availability average to "All locations" tooltip for Synthetic monitors. (APM-308761)
Transactions and services
- Fixed an issue in which the preview for request attributes crashed on certain post-processing inputs that resulted in a non-match. (APM-309646)
Update 78 (Build 1.222.78)
This cumulative update contains 1 resolved issue and all previously released updates for the 1.222 release.
- Fixed an issue in which StatsD disabled itself on the host after some minutes. (APM-314325)