OneAgent release notes version 1.271
Rollout start: Aug 07, 2023
With this release, the oldest supported OneAgent versions are:
|Standard Support||Enterprise Success and Support|
Definition of the technology support version schema with examples:
Major version 5 is supported
Major version 5 is supported, including all of its minor versions like 5.1 and 5.2
Other major versions are not supported like 6 and 7
Minor version 5.1 is supported
Minor version 5.1 is supported, including all of its patch versions like 5.1.1 and 5.1.2
Other minor versions are not supported like 5.2 and 5.3
Patch version 5.1.1 is supported
Patch version 5.1.1 is supported
Other patch versions are not supported like 5.1.2 and 5.1.3
Version range 5.1 – 5.3 is supported
Minor versions 5.1, 5.2, and 5.3 are supported, including all of their patch versions like 5.1.1, 5.2.1, and 5.3.1
Other minor versions are not supported like 5.0 and 5.4
The minimum required version is 5+
All major, minor, and patch versions starting from version 5 are supported, like 5, 5.1, 5.1.1, and 6
New technology support
For more information, see New technology support.
AlmaLinux 9.0, 9.1, 9.2 (OS module)
- Amazon SNS for Java (AWS Lambda integration). Get started
- Amazon SQS for Java (AWS Lambda integration). Get started
Fedora 37, 38 (OS module)
NGINX 1.25.0, 1.25.1 (NGINX module)
NGINX Plus R30 (NGINX module)
Node.js 20 (Node.js module)
openSUSE 15.5 (OS module)
OpenTelemetry agent 1.27, 1.28 (Java module)
End of support
For more information, see End of support announcements.
- Fedora 35 (OS module)
Vendor end of support: 2022-11-15
- IBM JVM version 7 (z/OS Java module)
Vendor end of support: 2022-04-30
- OneAgent SDK for Java 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.6, 1.7. Announcement
New features and enhancements
POST requests tracing with Play framework and Akka HTTP server
Application Observability | Distributed traces
POST requests tracing is now supported when running the Play framework v2.8 with Akka HTTP server.
General Availability (Build 1.271.117)
The 1.271 GA release contains 18 resolved issues.
- Support archive cleanup, which removes old support archive directories recursively, no longer follows symlinks (prevents unwanted removal of files outside the support archive directory). (OA-17713)
- Resolved issue with HostID source on Azure/AWS (HostID is now recalculated on Azure/AWS when HostIdSource is manually changed). (HOST-2690)
- Fixed an attack protection issue that could result in attacks not being reported in some cases. (OA-17642)
- Updated permissions for log files located in the os subdirectory of the OneAgent log directory to allow read/write only for the owner (600 for Linux). (HOST-3193)
- OneAgent now correctly reads the cluster name for server instances that were configured for dynamic clusters (using the <server-template> option). The cluster name is added to PG/PGI calculations, meaning that previous, incorrect PG/PGIs will change. (HOST-3204)
- Corrected computation of host CPU usage counters when CPU time counters wrap around, which can happen when the host has been running for a very long time. (HOST-3356)
- The metric for low connectivity events raised by the OneAgent OS module now visualizes not timeouts but a summary of timeouts and resets. (HOST-3047)
- Corrected detection of Podman containers created by systemd services. (HOST-3283)
- Improved detection of volatile Podman containers in the OS module. (HOST-3335)
- Disabled Windows network drive monitoring in response to API hanging in certain scenarios. (HOST-3206)
- Improved detection of third-party vulnerabilities in nested JAR files. (OA-18215)
- Improved the attack protection feature for SQL to prevent false positives for some special characters. (OA-18511)
- Fixed an attack protection and vulnerability detection issue that, if ServletRequest or HttpServletRequest was implemented via proxy, could result in an UnsupportedOperationException. (OA-17476)
- Resolved issue that prevented cookies from being considered for attack protection and vulnerability detection in Jakarta Servlets (servlet 5). (OA-17925)
- AspNet sensor: improved handling for retrieving context in ASP-hosted WCF apps. (OA-19004)
- Improved stability of the .NET code-level vulnerability/attack evaluation OneAgent feature. (OA-18405)
- Resolved issue causing crash upon injection into a statically linked Go app built with the `-extldflags '-static-pie'` option. (OA-17365)
- Fixed a memory leak caused by the Node.js code module, which was introduced by a module-internal optimization (since reverted). (OA-19275)
OneAgent for Android
General Availability (Build 8.271.1)
The 8.271 GA release doesn't contain any user-facing resolved issues.
Jetpack Compose auto-instrumentation is on by default
Auto-instrumentation for Jetpack Compose is now enabled by default. For details, see User action monitoring for Jetpack Compose.
We've added the
fileDomainCookies parameter, which you can use to prevent Dynatrace from adding cookies to file scheme domains. For details, see Disable cookies for file domains.
OneAgent for iOS
General Availability (Build 8.271.2)
The 8.271 GA release contains 2 resolved issues.
OneAgent for iOS
- Fixed bug where lifecycle instrumentation didn't correctly forward the original method parameters. (RUM-11712)
- Resolved issue with instrumentation of Sheet and Popover when shorthand arguments syntax is used to provide the content. (RUM-11693)
General Availability (Build 1.271.50)
The 1.271 GA release contains 1 resolved issue.
- Fixed an issue where the regex provided for setting the x-dtc header was ignored when matching against the host name for same-origin XHR/fetch requests. (RUM-11838)
Update 162 (Build 1.271.162)
This is a cumulative update that contains all previously released updates for the 1.271 release.