OneAgent release notes version 1.219
Rollout starts 28 June 2021
With this release, the oldest supported OneAgent versions are:
|Standard Support||Enterprise Success and Support|
We changed the algorithm for CLS to follow the evolved version as defined in Evolving the CLS metric. This could lead to jumps in CLS metrics, but it should only improve the CLS value.
OneAgent for iOS
We removed the crash forwarding feature for email and Hockeyapp.
Host group and network zone validation
OneAgent now performs additional validation for host group and network zone assignment when loading from the configuration file. Entries that don't conform to the host group or network zone naming pattern are rejected.
We recommend using the
oneagentctl command or OneAgent installation parameters to assign a host to a host group and network zone.
New binaries in the installer package
We added the following binaries to the OneAgent installer package with all their required permissions and capabilities:
oneagentnettracerfor NetTracer integration
oneagentnode_93for Node.js 16 support
oneagentdmidecodeto retrieve the host UUID
See Linux System Capabilities to learn Linux System Capabilities leveraged by theses binaries.
MQ header tags
OneAgent now writes custom
dtdTraceTagInfo protocol tags to the MQ header in folder
MQRFH2/usr, but only if the MQRFH2 extension header is present before an MQOutput node (
optionMqTaggingMB:true). As a fallback, custom MQ headers are still created (
optionMqTaggingFallbackMB:true). For more information, see Services.
oneagentzos-R121901.paxis now available
OneAgent version 1.219 is the last version supporting the z/OS code modules version 7.2 for CICS, IMS and zDC.
Removed support for CTS 4.2 and IMS version 12
When upgrading the zDC to version 1.219, a special handling is required to avoid abends in CICS regions that you're monitoring.
Stop the zDC.
- Wait for 15 minutes for the CICS module to reset and clean up the control blocks.
Update the zDC to the newer version.
Start the zDC.
- Added support for OpenTelemetry 0.20.0
Future Dynatrace OneAgent technology support changes
Dynatrace OneAgent 1.221 will be the last version to support the following technologies
- OpenTelemetry 0.20.0 for Go
- OpenTelemetry 0.18, 1.0.0-rc.0, 1.0.0-rc.3 for Node.js
Dynatrace OneAgent 1.227 will be the last version to support the following technologies
- OpenTelemetry 1.0.0-RC1 for Go
- OpenTelemetry 1.0.0-RC2 for Go
Future Dynatrace OneAgent operating systems support changes
The following operating systems will no longer be supported starting 01 December 2023
- Windows: Windows Desktop 10 20H2
The following operating systems will no longer be supported starting 01 January 2024
- Linux: Amazon Linux AMI 2014.03 - 2018.03
- Linux: SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12.4
- Linux: EulerOS 2.5
The following operating systems will no longer be supported starting 01 May 2024
- Windows: Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2
The following operating systems will no longer be supported starting 01 June 2024
- UNIX: IBM AIX 7.2 TL5
The following operating systems will no longer be supported starting 01 July 2024
- Linux: openSUSE 15.4
- x86-64, PPCLE
- Vendor announcement
Past Dynatrace OneAgent technology support changes
Dynatrace OneAgent 1.209 was the last version to support the following technologies
- OpenTelemetry 0.13.0 for Go
Dynatrace OneAgent 1.213 was the last version to support the following technologies
- OpenTelemetry 0.16.0, 0.17.0 for Go
Dynatrace OneAgent 1.215 was the last version to support the following technologies
- OpenTelemetry 0.18.0 for Go
Dynatrace OneAgent 1.217 was the last version to support the following technologies
- OpenTelemetry 0.19.0 for Go
Past Dynatrace OneAgent operating systems support changes
The following operating systems are no longer supported since 01 March 2023
- Linux: Google Container-Optimized OS 85 LTS
The following operating systems are no longer supported since 01 April 2023
- Linux: EulerOS 2.3
The following operating systems are no longer supported since 01 June 2023
- Linux: SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15.0
- UNIX: IBM AIX 7.2 TL4
- Windows: Windows Desktop 10 21H1
The following operating systems are no longer supported since 01 August 2023
- UNIX: IBM AIX 6.1 TL9
The following operating systems are no longer supported since 01 October 2023
- Linux: Google Container-Optimized OS 89 LTS
The following operating systems are no longer supported since 01 November 2023
- UNIX: IBM AIX 7.1 TL5
Other support changes
OneAgent for z/OS
Fixed U0110 Abend in zDC when zRemote, zLocal disconnect or at shutdown when cleaning up the read/write SMO messages. (ONE-60754)
Allocated a separate buffer in zDC to purge the event messages. (ONE-62222)
General Availability (Build 1.219.130)
The 1.219 GA release contains 16 resolved issues.
- Resolved issue with Java 16 Lambda instrumentation. (ONE-58823)
- OneAgent OS module no longer gets stuck when child process creation hangs on Linux or AIX. (APM-300892)
- Fixed an issue with disk metrics not being reported on Google Cloud Ubuntu instance. (APM-291688)
- Decreased amount of disk writes related to communication between agents; resolves issue in which excessive writes caused server hangs on Linux. (APM-305688)
- Improved CPU profiling for container and Unix domain sockets monitoring in OneAgent OS module. (APM-306481)
- Improved handling of process group instance crash information when OneAgent OS module inactive. (APM-300686)
- Fixed an issue with the OneAgent .NET code module that resulted in some ASP.NET Core requests not being captured in high-load scenarios. (ONE-56562)
- Improved OneAgent .NET module calculation of percentage time in GC. (ONE-60776)
- The OneAgent Java for AWS Lambda module does not see ARNs with an alias or version suffix as invalid anymore. (ONE-60889)
- The OneAgent Java for AWS Lambda module recognizes and displays AWS-SDK calls correctly now. (ONE-60481)
- Fixed an issue where NGINX Kong variant was unintentionally instrumented by OneAgent NGINX module. (ONE-59008)
- Resolved potential Watchdog crash during stop/restart of an observed binary. (APM-304215)
- Fixed problem processing large UDP packets on the StatsD interface. (APM-302493)
- Advanced SNMP properties in extension activation JSON ("timeoutSecs", "maxRepetitions", "retries") must be provided under the "advanced" subproperty. (APM-299394)
- Fixed issue with downloading custom extensions on Windows. (ONE-59377)
- Fixed the missing assignment of current tagging mode for outgoing links, which led to empty trace tags (tracestate and traceparent), when w3C TraceContext tagging was disabled. (ONE-60161)
Update 134 (Build 1.219.134)
This is a cumulative update that contains all previously released updates for the 1.219 release.
Update 156 (Build 1.219.156)
This cumulative update contains 5 resolved issues and all previously released updates for the 1.219 release.
- zRemote can only read the user configuration file from the default directory and doesn't take into account a custom directory specified during the installation. (ONE-61047)
- Extended logging around Host Groups. (ONE-60871)
- Fixed an issue in which certain z/OS memory metrics were missing when OneAgent reported to Dynatrace version 221+. (ONE-61859)
- Fixed an issue in which OneAgent reported incorrect percentage for the Time in GC metric for certain .NET processes. (ONE-61337)
- Changed prefix comparisons in declarative process grouping from case sensitive to case insensitive. (ONE-61665)
Update 162 (Build 1.219.162)
This cumulative update contains 2 resolved issues and all previously released updates for the 1.219 release.
- Resolved issue in which a cluster with more than 16 server IDs was not handled properly by the zRemote and zDC code modules. (ONE-61914)
- Custom process grouping and declarative process grouping can now coexist. (ONE-62286)
OneAgent for mobile resolved issues
General Availability (Build .219)
The .219 GA release contains 3 resolved issues.
- OneAgent for iOS: fixed discarded UIControlEventTouchDragInside events. (ONE-59148)
Mobile Session Replay
- iOS Session Replay: improved UISearchBar input tracking for iOS versions <13.0. (ONE-58119)
- iOS Session Replay: improved UIScrollView and UITableView delegate handling. (ONE-58357)
General Availability (Build .219)
The .219 GA release contains 9 resolved issues.
- Added a workaround to a problem caused by Android WebView that would cause an exception "Java object is gone". (ONE-58830)
- Fixed an issue where xhr actions that trigger a route change would not be properly marked as such. (ONE-58909)
- Fixed bug where the dtSA session storage value got set with OPT-IN mode enabled, but jsAgent not enabled yet. (ONE-58274)
- Fixed a bug that broke correlation of actions with CORS requests if multiple request wrappers were active. (ONE-58398)
- added handling for the addEventListener wrappers when application code hacks the function to behave not according to native standards. (ONE-59264)
- Fixed an encoding issue in the jsagent that caused the URL exclusion rule for an image to not work with visually complete. (ONE-60542)
- Fixed a bug in the experimental XHR proxy wrapper that occurs with zonejs, late injection and the LastPass browser extension. (ONE-59555)
- Fixed a circular reference bug when JSON.stringify is called on our XHR wrappers. (ONE-59613)
- Fixed a bug where a null value within an event payload throws an exception on the page. (ONE-59821)