ActiveGate release notes version 1.209
With this release, the oldest supported ActiveGate versions are:
New operating systems support
Starting with ActiveGate version 1.209, we support Amazon Linux 2 and SUSE Enterprise Linux 15 SP2. Note that this doesn't apply to synthetic-enabled ActiveGates.
We changed the way you can control certificate validation for your Kubernetes API endpoints. Starting with ActiveGate version 1.209, the configuration provided in Dynatrace on the Kubernetes settings page for certificate validation overrides the local ActiveGate settings in the
custom.properties file. If you changed the local ActiveGate setting in the
custom.properties file, make sure to revisit and update the certificate validation configuration in the Kubernetes monitoring settings of your Dynatrace environments. For more information, see Disable certificate validation.
If you provided a self-signed certificate, you still need to add the certificate to the local truststore.
Future support changes
The following operating systems will no longer be supported starting July 2021:
Windows Server 2008
Windows Server 2008 R2
Chromium support for private synthetic monitors
Chromium 87 is now the latest supported version for synthetic-enabled ActiveGates installed on Ubuntu, Red Hat, and CentOS and bundled with the Windows ActiveGate installer. For more information, see Requirements for private synthetic locations.
OS support for Synthetic-enabled ActiveGates
You can now create your private synthetic locations based on Ubuntu 20.04. For more information, see Requirements for private synthetic locations.
General Availability (Build .209)
The .209 GA release contains 5 resolved issues (including 1 vulnerability resolution).
- Vulnerability: Fixed self-XSS vulnerability in ActiveGate. (APM-272147)
- Added protection against accidental run of 2 parallel instances of ActiveGate installer. (APM-267002)
- Auto-update process now stops Synthetic service before updating Synthetic package. (APM-269619)
- Resolved a sporadic issue in ActiveGate processing that caused Kubernetes monitoring to stop capturing data. (APM-276892)
- OneAgent installation screens for Windows, Linux, and AIX no longer crash for users with permission to read configuration set only in management zone (not in whole environment). (APM-269232)