Data explorer FAQ
- The default number of displayed series per metric is
20. Consequently, some series might be missing in the Data explorer. To ensure the series data you're looking for is displayed, provide more specific filters such as a management zone or an entity name filter.
- The maximum number of displayed series per metric is
100. Note that this limit applies even if you remove the limit transformation from the metric selector on the Code tab.
If series data is absent for a metric expression, see Why is the result of my metric expression empty?.
The root cause of this issue is often the same as for Why am I not seeing all series of my metric?
The metric series are limited to a certain number.
Suppose you query
builtin:host.cpu.idle split by
dt.entity.host. For both metrics, the top 100 hosts are requested per default. But the top 100 hosts of the
builtin:host.cpu.usage metric probably diverges from the top 100 hosts of the
builtin:host.cpu.idle metric, leading to empty cells in the table for some hosts.
builtin:pgi.availability are based on timeseries data provided by the OneAgents, whereas the availability values shown on the Host and Process pages are calculated by dedicated events. Thus, the values may diverge.
In the future, the availability shown in the Host and Process pages will be based on the availability metrics as well.
If your charts show a misleading drop in values at the end (current time), you can manually adjust the timeframe to subtract the last one or two time buckets.
To temporarily adjust the timeframe
Open the timeframe selector.
- Subtract one or two buckets from the end of the timeframe. For example, change
To set the adjusted timeframe as the default timeframe for the dashboard
Edit the dashboard.
- Under Edit dashboard, select the Settings tab.
- Turn on Default timeframe.
- Select and edit the timeframe. For example, change
- Select Done.
For a discussion of this issue, see Correction required on Dashboard Charts showing dip at current time in the Dynatrace Community.
For more about timeframes, see Dynatrace dashboard timeframe and management zone settings.