OneAgent release notes version 1.231
Rollout starts January 10, 2022
- New analytics capabilities for messaging system-related anomalies
Business transactions depend on the performance of applications. In modern applications built with microservices, decoupled services are common, and events are used to communicate between services, making it important for DevOps teams to have full observability into the performance of messaging systems.
- Automatic connection of logs and traces accelerates AI-driven cloud analytics
As digital transformation continues to accelerate and enterprises modernize with the adoption of cloud-native architectures, the number of interconnected components and microservices is exploding. Logs are a critical ingredient in managing and optimizing these application environments. Dynatrace now unifies log monitoring with its patented PurePath technology for distributed tracing and code-level analysis. Logs are now automatically connected to distributed traces for faster analysis and optimization of cloud-native and hybrid applications.
With this release, the oldest supported OneAgent versions are:
Starting with Dynatrace OneAgent and ActiveGate version 1.231, we are upgrading the Extension Framework (also referred to as the plugins framework) from Python 3.6 to Python 3.8.
- Consequences: Some Dynatrace extensions running in your environment may stop working and require redeployment of a new version prepared for Python 3.8.
No data is provided for affected metrics on dashboards, alerts, and custom device pages populated by the affected extension metrics.
- Extension logs display errors. Most often this will manifest itself as Python
ModuleNotFoundErrorin the PluginAgent log.
Sometimes the Python virtual machine crashes.
- Impact: This issue affects only those extensions that use native libraries called from Python code distributed with the extension.
|Extension||What to do|
For assistance, contact a Dynatrace product expert via live chat within your Dynatrace environment.
No action required. Extensions distributed with OneAgent will be updated automatically to work with Python 3.8 together with the Python upgrade.
To learn about upgrading custom Dynatrace extensions from Python 3.6 to Python 3.8, see Upgrade custom Dynatrace extensions from Python 3.6 to Python 3.8.
- Added support for Log4J2 (Apache) 2.7 - 2.12
oneagentzos-R12310.paxis now available
New features and enhancements
Improved oneagentnettracer on Linux
We have corrected the handling of
oneagentnettracer capabilities on Linux systems where the kernel version is 5.8+ and the libcap capability supporting library version is earlier than 2.37.
Other support changes
OneAgent for z/OS
- Improved zDC
zremoteagent=parameter. zDC will now accept values for
zremoteagent=parameter spanning multiple lines with trailing spaces (ONE-66165)
Fixed missing Start-Linked path in CICS DPL calls (ONE-66324)
The ability of the CICS transaction sensor to trace mirror tasks which was removed in version 1.215 has been restored (ONE-65853)
- If your environment uses NAT IP Addresses -
Update your zRemote to version 1.231
COPYAGNTjob from 1.231.0
SZDTSAMPlibrary to get the latest
- Start zDC with
nobootstrap=falseparameter to bootstrap the latest zLocal
- Added support for Windows Server 2022
Future Dynatrace OneAgent technology support changes
Dynatrace OneAgent 1.239 will be the last version to support the following technologies
- OpenTelemetry 0.0.2 for PHP
Future Dynatrace OneAgent operating systems support changes
The following operating systems will no longer be supported starting 01 December 2023
- Windows: Windows Desktop 10 20H2
The following operating systems will no longer be supported starting 01 January 2024
- Linux: Amazon Linux AMI 2014.03 - 2018.03
- Linux: SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12.4
- Linux: EulerOS 2.5
The following operating systems will no longer be supported starting 01 May 2024
- Windows: Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2
The following operating systems will no longer be supported starting 01 June 2024
- UNIX: IBM AIX 7.2 TL5
The following operating systems will no longer be supported starting 01 July 2024
- Linux: openSUSE 15.4
- x86-64, PPCLE
- Vendor announcement
Past Dynatrace OneAgent technology support changes
Dynatrace OneAgent 1.213 was the last version to support the following technologies
- OpenTelemetry 0.16.0, 0.17.0 for Go
Dynatrace OneAgent 1.215 was the last version to support the following technologies
- OpenTelemetry 0.18.0 for Go
Dynatrace OneAgent 1.217 was the last version to support the following technologies
- OpenTelemetry 0.19.0 for Go
Dynatrace OneAgent 1.221 was the last version to support the following technologies
- OpenTelemetry 0.20.0 for Go
- OpenTelemetry 0.18, 1.0.0-rc.0, 1.0.0-rc.3 for Node.js
Dynatrace OneAgent 1.227 was the last version to support the following technologies
- OpenTelemetry 1.0.0-RC1 for Go
- OpenTelemetry 1.0.0-RC2 for Go
Past Dynatrace OneAgent operating systems support changes
The following operating systems are no longer supported since 01 March 2023
- Linux: Google Container-Optimized OS 85 LTS
The following operating systems are no longer supported since 01 April 2023
- Linux: EulerOS 2.3
The following operating systems are no longer supported since 01 June 2023
- Linux: SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15.0
- UNIX: IBM AIX 7.2 TL4
- Windows: Windows Desktop 10 21H1
The following operating systems are no longer supported since 01 August 2023
- UNIX: IBM AIX 6.1 TL9
The following operating systems are no longer supported since 01 October 2023
- Linux: Google Container-Optimized OS 89 LTS
The following operating systems are no longer supported since 01 November 2023
- UNIX: IBM AIX 7.1 TL5
General Availability (Build 1.231.237)
The 1.231 GA release contains 19 resolved issues.
|AI causation engine||1|
- Extensions SFM status logs timestamps now match status metrics timestamps. (APM-327536)
- Extension Execution Controller (EEC) no longer detects datasource timeout and fails to restart the process properly after CPU and memory saturation. (APM-330530)
- To open a StatsD listening port in local StatsD ingest mode (OneAgent), a socket is now opened on `127.0.0.1:18125` (IPv4) if IPv4 is available, or on `[::1]:18125` (IPv6) if IPv4 is disabled. (APM-330474)
- Corrected CPU usage calculation method on Windows platform; resolves issue with occasional Extension Execution Controller (EEC) restart. (APM-327062)
- Fixed a problem with manually setting the host group in standalone environments. (APM-338489)
- Incoming Web Request nodes created with the OneAgent SDK for Java are no longer shown as flawed if there is no HTTP Host header or a full URL provided. (ONE-66636)
- ClassNotFoundException no longer occurs when log enrichment is enabled for Log4j. (ONE-67851)
- Resolved a SecurityException in AspNetCore when monitoring exceptions that generated a `Methods must be security critical or security safe-critical to call native code.` log entry. (ONE-67782)
- Resolved issue with OneAgent PHP module that broke headers in outgoing requests. (ONE-68614)
- OneAgent PHP module no longer crashes when instrumenting method with return value capture. (ONE-67997)
AI causation engine
- Custom tag information is now encoded in outgoing Dynatrace tags when tracecontext is enabled, resolving possible unstitched PurePaths. (ONE-67493)
- The `--graph` and `--data-root` dockerd arguments for collecting Docker container metadata are now handled correctly. (ONE-66941)
- Crash alert generation no longer leads to disk exhaustion when OneAgent is running in limited privileges mode. (ONE-66720)
- IIS modules are now displayed correctly in web UI when IIS Insights is enabled. (APM-336632)
- Child SAP processes are grouped to parent and are no longer visible as separate processes. (APM-337097)
- Added support for Docker daemon userns-remap runtime option. (APM-340743)
- Generating OSI ID treats the `set-host-id-source` parameter from the `deployment.conf` file as most important. On Azure and EC2, UUID or instance ID will be used only when `set-host-id-source` is set to `auto`. (APM-335475)
- Crash reports are now also aged when OneAgent is deactivated. (APM-327184)
- OneAgent is now injected correctly into statistically linked Go binaries started via `execv()` or `execvp()` calls. (ONE-68208)
Update 245 (Build 1.231.245)
This is a cumulative update that contains all previously released updates for the 1.231 release.
Update 255 (Build 1.231.255)
This cumulative update contains 2 resolved issues and all previously released updates for the 1.231 release.
- Resolved issue that caused .NET Software Component Reporting to sometimes lead to a crash if enabled during runtime. (ONE-69476)
- Fixed memory leak on failed connection to WMI interface on a monitored host. (APM-344990)
Update 284 (Build 1.231.284)
This cumulative update contains 4 resolved issues and all previously released updates for the 1.231 release.
- Automatic core dump is now created correctly for OneAgent components when a hanging component is detected. (ONE-69345)
- Resolved issue causing the OneAgent Log Monitoring module to crash on startup on Windows systems. (APM-349398)
- Path correlation is no longer broken when CICS paths contain a mixture of EXEC CICS START and SOAP requests. (ONE-68588)
- Duplicate hosts no longer reported if CTG and CICS execute on an LPAR with Network Address Translation between the host and the zRemote. (ONE-69509)
Update 288 (Build 1.231.288)
This cumulative update contains 1 resolved issue and all previously released updates for the 1.231 release.
- Fixed an issue where auto-update failed due to problems with removal of dynatrace_onepcap.exe on Windows hosts. (APM-354296)