Dynatrace Operator release notes version 0.12.0
Release date: Jun 22, 2023
apiUrl uses a tenant alias, avoid using this version. Instead, we recommend opting for version 0.12.1.
New features and enhancements
- The Software Bill of Materials (SBOM) of the Operator image and its dependencies are now attached to the image. You can check this out using cosign. For more information, see Verify the Dynatrace Operator image signature and check the Software Bill of Materials (SBOM).
- The Dependabot has been replaced with Renovate for the dependency updates.
- Added support for the ppc64le architecture to the Operator image. For more information, see Dynatrace Operator support.
- Removed custom security context constraints to reduce setup issues. We are now using the most restrictive default security context constraints depending on the Openshift version. For older versions, the
privilegedsecurity context constraints are used.
The timeout for validating DynaKubes in the webhook is increased to 10 seconds.
Added a timeout of 15 minutes for all network requests to prevent indefinitely waiting for longer requests.
OpenShift debug pods are now ignored in webhook injection.
The number of requests against the API server is reduced when Istio is enabled.
- The timeout for the ActiveGate
readinessProbehas been doubled from 1 second to 2 seconds.
Helm chart installation
imagefield is deprecated and has been replaced by the
imageReffield is divided into two distinct subfields:
tag. You can still use the
imagefield; if it is set, the
imageReffield will be disregarded.
- Dynatrace Operator can now automatically detect the platform (Kubernetes, Openshift, or GKE Autopilot) during installation using the Helm chart. This feature can still be overridden by specifying the
platformvalue in the
- Added an option to enable the injection of read-only volumes for
applicationMonitoringwith the CSI driver on Bottlerocket OS.
- Fixed applications showing up as separate hosts in case of
cloudNativeFullstackwhen using a tenant alias.
Introduced an additional safety check during the creation of the init secret by the webhook to eliminate potential race conditions.
- Resolved an issue where
TrustedCAswere not correctly supplied to the image library, which previously led to errors when pulling images with a trusted CA.
Corrected the handling of DynaKubes proxy to address a race condition that could occur with multiple DynaKubes having conflicting proxy settings.
Fixed an issue that affected the restart of OneAgent pods when the Dynatrace Operator version was upgraded.
Any modifications made to the custom image field will bypass the timestamp verification process.
The connection info secret is now always generated when the secret is missing, skipping the timestamp verification.