ActiveGate release notes version 1.233
With this release, the oldest supported ActiveGate versions are:
Starting with Dynatrace OneAgent and ActiveGate version 1.231, we are upgrading the Extension Framework (also referred to as the plugins framework) from Python 3.6 to Python 3.8.
- Consequences: Some Dynatrace extensions running in your environment may stop working and require redeployment of a new version prepared for Python 3.8.
No data is provided for affected metrics on dashboards, alerts, and custom device pages populated by the affected extension metrics.
- Extension logs display errors. Most often this will manifest itself as Python
ModuleNotFoundErrorin the PluginAgent log.
Sometimes the Python virtual machine crashes.
- Impact: This issue affects only those extensions that use native libraries called from Python code distributed with the extension.
|Extension||What to do|
For assistance, contact a Dynatrace product expert via live chat within your Dynatrace environment.
No action required. Extensions distributed with OneAgent will be updated automatically to work with Python 3.8 together with the Python upgrade.
To learn about upgrading custom Dynatrace extensions from Python 3.6 to Python 3.8, see Upgrade custom Dynatrace extensions from Python 3.6 to Python 3.8.
Operating systems support
Future Dynatrace ActiveGate operating systems support changes
The following operating systems will no longer be supported starting 01 December 2023
- Linux: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.4, 8.7, 9.1
- Linux: Oracle Linux 8.4, 8.7, 9.1
- Linux: Rocky Linux 9.1
The following operating systems will no longer be supported starting 01 January 2024
- Linux: Amazon Linux AMI 2018.3
The following operating systems will no longer be supported starting 01 May 2024
- Windows: Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2
The following operating systems will no longer be supported starting 01 June 2024
- Linux: Oracle Linux 8.8, 9.2
- Linux: Rocky Linux 9.2
The following operating systems will no longer be supported starting 01 July 2024
- Linux: SUSE Enterprise Linux 15.4
Past Dynatrace ActiveGate operating systems support changes
The following operating systems are no longer supported since 01 September 2023
- Windows: Windows 8.1
- Vendor announcement
- Last compatible version: 1.271
The following operating systems are no longer supported since 01 November 2023
- Linux: SUSE Enterprise Linux 15.1, 15.2, 15.3
General Availability (Build 1.233.138)
The 1.233 GA release contains 7 resolved issues (including 1 vulnerability resolution).
- Vulnerability: Updated `chosen jquery` library in ActiveGate project from 1.1.0 version to 1.8.7. (APM-343673)
- ActiveGate SELinux module is now installed by default on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, CentOS 7, and Oracle Linux 7. (APM-345568)
- ActiveGate Windows installer: installation directory can be changed using `INSTALL` parameter. (APM-336954)
- Improved RUM IP determination on ActiveGate. (APM-340101)
- Reduced number of log messages generated for Prometheus metrics scraping if annotations on pods or services are misconfigured. (APM-343329)
- Management zone rules can no longer be created via the REST API with an entity selector that would result in entity types that don't support management zones. (APM-334401)
- Resolved issue in which, if there was no configuration of permissions to management zones for a given user group, it was impossible to create this configuration via public REST API. (APM-339033)
Update 152 (Build 1.233.152)
This is a cumulative update that contains all previously released updates for the 1.233 release.