Use OneAgent as a beacon endpoint for custom applications
OneAgent can be used as an alternative beacon endpoint to allow for a smooth transition to Dynatrace mobile RUM.
The instrumented OneAgent server must be set up with one of the following technologies:
Apache HTTP Server
IBM HTTP Server
Oracle HTTP Server
Java servlet-based web applications (such as Tomcat and Wildfly)
To use OneAgent as a beacon endpoint for your application
- In the Dynatrace menu, go to Frontend.
Select the application that you want to configure.
- Select More (…) > Edit in the upper-right corner of the tile with your application name.
- From the application settings, select General > Beacon Endpoint.
- From the Type dropdown list, select Instrumented web server.
- Enter the web server or Java application server (servlet-based) URL in the following format:
- Select Save changes.
- From the application settings, select Instrumentation wizard, and select the required operating system.
Build and test your mobile app to validate the configuration change.