Upgrade to Log Monitoring Classic
If you are using the legacy Log Monitoring v1, and cannot Upgrade to Log Management and Analytics, then upgrade to Log Monitoring Classic
What changes after activation
After enabling Log Monitoring Classic, the following changes take place:
- No data will be copied from Log Monitoring v1 storage.
Switching to the latest version of Dynatrace log monitoring will reset all of your Log Monitoring v1 data. Log Monitoring v1 data won't be accessible.
- You will enable the new OneAgent log module.
The latest version of Dynatrace log monitoring works properly with OneAgent 1.217 or later. Earlier OneAgent versions are not supported.
You will enable a new limit of events per minute in your environment. You can contact a Dynatrace product expert via live chat to change this limit.
Your Log Monitoring v1 event definitions won't be accessible.
Your Log Monitoring v1 metrics configuration won't be accessible.
The Log v1 API will not be available, instead use Log Monitoring API.
What does not change after activation
After enabling Log Monitoring Classic, the following will not change:
Log sources configuration persists and can be used in a newer log solution.
- Licensing for Log Monitoring Classic is similarly based on the DDU model counting all incoming log records (see more in DDUs for Log Monitoring Classic).
How can I upgrade from Log Monitoring v1 to Log Monitoring Classic?
To enable Log Monitoring Classic in Dynatrace SaaS:
Make sure that you're running the latest version of Dynatrace.
- In the Dynatrace menu, go to Logs.
- Select Start using Log Monitoring v2 and confirm your choice.
Check what default limits will go into effect once you switch to Log Monitoring Classic.
How can I upgrade my Dynatrace Managed deployment?
To enable Dynatrace Log Monitoring Classic for a particular Dynatrace Managed environment, you can use an API call or the Cluster Management Console (CMC).
Using an API call
To enable the latest version of Log Monitoring in Dynatrace Managed using an API call
Make sure that you're running the latest version of Dynatrace and OneAgent version 1.217+.
- Make sure that Managed cluster nodes follow the hardware recommendations for Log Monitoring.
- Configure your Environment ActiveGate to enable Generic Ingestion: Generic log ingestion (Logs Classic)
- Enable the latest version of Log Monitoring on a specific environment via API: Enable Log Monitoring
Using Cluster Management Console (CMC)
To enable the latest version of Log Monitoring in Dynatrace Managed using the Cluster Management Console (CMC)
- In the CMC, select Environments and the environment for which you want to enable the latest version of Log Monitoring.
- On the environment details page, in the Capability settings section, select Start using Log Monitoring v2.