Troubleshoot Dynatrace OpenKit instrumentation
Find out how to solve problems that you may encounter when integrating OpenKit.
If no data is sent to the custom application, check the following:
- Verify that you're using an official OpenKit release.
- Verify that you used the correct property values that are provided in your custom application settings. For details, see Instrument your application using Dynatrace OpenKit.
Confirm that Dynatrace and your Cluster ActiveGate are reachable from your company network.
Confirm that the ActiveGate is configured with a valid SSL certificate.
- Check if the OpenKit log output contains messages that indicate connection problems. For details, see Dynatrace OpenKit logging.
- As of April 2022, Dynatrace no longer supports TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for Dynatrace SaaS Real User Monitoring (RUM) data. Now Dynatrace SaaS only supports TLS 1.2+. For this reason, using a .NET Framework version lower than 4.7 might require additional configuration.
- Check What does a 'Max. user actions per minute exceeded' message mean? if you see this message in the Dynatrace web UI.